I’m just gonna lay down a few basic things about me. Then maybe you’ll feel like you know me a little better.
1) I’m in high school. I remember one time a bloggy friend found that out…and they were shocked. They thought I was much older. Umm, gee, thanks I guess? Haha :) I try to be mature and all, but believe it or not, I can SO let loose and be silly. I’m not serious all the time! :)
2) I like smilies :) I try not to over-use them, but hey… I like them
3) I’m a grammar freak sometimes. I try to spell everything correctly and use proper punctuation. I would like to be an editor some day, so that explains my whole grammar issue. Also, I may or may not correct my family when they use good instead of well. For example: “The game went so good!” Ugh.
4) I live in Florida
5) I love to read, write, sing, dance, and act. Do I have time for all that now? No.
6) I go to college. Yup, that’s right. It’s called dual-enrollment. Basically, I take college classes at a local college, and I’m considered a college student. I’m treated the same way, graded the same way, etc. The only difference is that I don’t live on campus, I pay a (much) cheaper price for the class, and I’m obviously still a highschooler. By that, I mean that I still come home and do more work. So, I take college classes and high school stuff. The best part, besides being much cheaper, is that my college classes count for both high school AND college. Yeah baby.
7) I believe in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. I try to follow Him and obey Him, but I fail all the time. I want to make an impact in this world for Him, but I often mess that all up. Regardless, He is my Savior and my Best Friend. I love Him, and I hope you do, too!
8) I have a Story. A Story that has yet to be told on this blog. But if you’ve read here for even a short amount of time, you probably know that this past year has been rough for me. I’ve faced some very hard things, and I’ve lost everyone that I held dear besides Him. You also would know that E plays a very large role in this Story. Some day, I will tell you my Story. That day is not today. I thought I would share it near the end of this month, but I truly don’t want to dive into all the hurt right now. Some day, though, I will share. And some day He will redeem. Some day.
Alrighty, there you have it…8 things that you probably didn’t (want to) know! :)
I am a stickler for grammar too. I just graduated with an English degree, and my family also teases me by speaking incorrectly on purpose and then waiting for me to correct them. They say that they’re making sure I get my practice now that I’m not in school anymore! Ha! The two that I really, really just cannot ignore are when people say should OF instead of should HAVE, and when they say “should have WENT” instead of “should have GONE.” Ughhh drives me nuts!! Ha!
Thanks girls! I’ll definitely post over in the community! And Courtney, I remind you of you? How so? The weather is nice :)
Found you from SIF…make sure you post over there when you post your story!
Have I mentioned that you remind me of me? :) How’s the Florida weather. Hope you’re enjoying it, I’m so glad to be outta there!
The dual enrollment option sounds awesome! I hope to read your story here someday. It’s great to get to know more about you. :)