I have a quote book.
I feel like that should be shameful…but it makes me so happy. :)
It’s full of favorite bible verses, song lyrics, and quotes from everything under the sun. Books, movies, sermons, podcasts, you name it.
I’m always on the look out for new quotes to add in, and it’s not unusual for me to have multiple scraps of paper around the room, all with a quote or two quickly scratched out.
I’ve included a few I found long ago, but would love to hear from you. What is your favorite quote as of late?
1. Because of the roses you water the thorns.
2. Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, and faith looks up.
3. She took one day at a time, knowing God was not bound by circumstances nor her age. She used the wait to become the woman God wanted her to be. –Lady In Waiting (p. 162)
4. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say “thank you.” In between, the leader is a servant. -Max DePree
5. What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, then who can be against us? -Romans 8:31
6. If you can still walk you have more left.
7. When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I. -Psalm 61:2
8. God calls us to pray and think and dream and plan and work not to be made much of, but to make much of Him in every part of our lives. -John Piper
9. Don’t feel stupid if you don’t like what everyone else pretends to love. -Emma Watson
10. You are working in our waiting, sanctifying us. When beyond our understanding, You’re teaching us to trust. You are Faithful forever, perfect in love, You are sovereign over us. -Aaron Keyes, “Sovereign over Us”
Your turn! Share your favorite quote in the comments below!
I’m currently on a mission trip in Haiti and will be back next week! Sweet Rebekah, without my knowing, made a spreadsheet covering me and my team in prayer for all 192 hours we’re gone. If you would like to sign up for an hour or two, you’ll find the document right here. Specific prayer requests can be found right here. Thank you for grace, for prayers, for encouragement on this journey, and for walking with me!