Last week I shared my top 10 Best Books of 2013. Out of everything I read last year, these were my very favorites. You’ll find books by Holley Gerth, Tina Fey, Francine Rivers, and a bunch more!
I loved hearing what you read in 2013, too! I’m hoping you’ll join in the comment section today, too, with what you’re planning to read in 2014.
I’ve never made this type of list before. I know, me, the list-queen, has never made a yearly “must read” book list. Shocker.
This year I’m aiming to read two books each month. I’m not sure how that will work with college reading, too…but it is SO going to happen. There are just way too many great books coming out this year that I’ve got to get my hands on!
A couple of these I began in 2013 and wasn’t able to finish before the calendar changed, and a few are ones I’ve read again and again. A new year means another time through each of my all-time favorite books.
Do you do this or am I the only crazy one here?
Don’t answer that.
Must Read Books of 2014:
2. God in Slow Motion: Reflections on Jesus and the 10 Unexpected Lessons You Can See in His Life :: Mike Nappa :: Review coming soon!
3. Notes from a Blue Bike: The Art of Living Intentionally in a Chaotic World :: Tsh Oxenreider
4. Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life :: Anne Lamott
5. Chasing God :: Angie Smith
6. Speak Love: Making Your Words Matter :: Annie Downs
7. You Are a Writer (So Start Acting Like One) :: Jeff Goins
8. Becoming Myself: Embracing God’s Dream of You :: Stasi Eldredge
9. Breaking Free: Discover the Victory of Total Surrender :: Beth Moore
10. Praying God’s Word: Breaking Free from Spiritual Strongholds :: Beth Moore
11. Allegiant (Divergent Series) :: Veronica Roth
12. God is Able :: Priscilla Shirer
13. Prototype: What Happens When You Discover You’re More Like Jesus Than You Think? :: Jonathan Martin
15. Fifteen Minutes: A Novel :: Karen Kingsbury
16. Love Idol: Letting Go of Your Need for Approval – and Seeing Yourself through God’s Eyes :: Jennifer Dukes Lee
17. Speak: How Your Story Can Change the World :: Nish Weiseth
Books I started in 2013 and am in the middle of:
- A Million Little Ways: Uncover the Art You Were Made to Live:: Emily Freeman
- God Knows My Name: Never Forgotten, Forever Loved :: Beth Redman
- Jesus Feminist: An Invitation to Revisit the Bible’s View of Women :: Sarah Bessey
Books I re-read each year:
- Grace for the Good Girl: Letting Go of the Try-Hard Life :: Emily Freeman
- Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman’s Soul :: John and Stasi Eldredge
- Redeeming Love:: Francine Rivers
- One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are :: Ann Voskamp
What about you? What do you plan to read this year? Have you already read anything on my list?
*Affiliate links used in this post