Perhaps you have noticed that I haven’t really been around here much the past few days. I’ve been a tad busy with all these little projects.
So busy that I haven’t been getting more then 4-6 hours of sleep each night for almost a week now…which is probably why I started this off by saying “Pherhaps” because THAT TOTALLY LOOKS RIGHT to me, the grammar freak that inwardly corrects improper grammar usage (even with total strangers).
And sometimes I may just correct you right out loud.
Hey, someone’s gotta do it.
I’m in serious need of sleep, but have been itching to get on here and post all day. Here’s what I’ve been up to…in list form, of course. What else is there?
1. I started Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix a few days ago. Finished it last night and immediately got on Facebook and asked who had the next one and COULD I BORROW IT ASAP??? I’m hooked. The fifth one did me in. For the first time I’m wanting to go back and read them all through again, see what I missed. Foreshadowing: love it.
2. I just got the next book about an hour ago and am not allowing myself to start it tonight because then I’ll be up until 3 reading. And girl needs some sleep.
3. I guess that last one isn’t really something I’ve been doing, but whatever, it makes the list. I guess this number isn’t either. Unfortunate.
4. Do you know how hard it is to plan a graduation ceremony and party? It’s ridiculous. Timing, place, invitations, food, decorations, special things that are ‘just me’…like explosions of color everywhere!
5. Slideshows have become my thing, apparently. I spent a large chunk of last week working on the graduation slideshow for my senior class at church. It looked great at the end, but boy was that a bit of a hassle. And then I made a slideshow yesterday for school. Next week I’ll begin making one for my graduation party. Goodness slideshows are never ending now!
6. School. School. School. I finished a class today. Took my final and my score went from a 97 to an 89. But she hasn’t graded the essays on the final yet, so basically if I get ANY points from them I’ll go back to an A. I’m just glad to be done with it, quite honestly. I don’t care if it’s a 90.1 grade at the end of the day. I’d just like an A.
7. Musicals! I went and saw some of my long-lost friends in a musical. In fact I saw it twice and cried the second time from my friends AMAZING voice. It’s so refreshing when someone beautiful on the outside is just as beautiful on the inside.
8. Prom shopping. I can’t tell you how many hours I’ve spent looking for a prom dress – to no avail. Still without a dress, really not wanting to go, and unable to sell my ticket. Fantastic.
9. Birthday party. I wasn’t able to stay long, but I popped in at a friends birthday party, after going to the musical, after spending hours at the mall.
10. Which brings us to just that: Mall day with the little girls. I’ve been a biblestudy/kids worship leader for about a year now, and really wanted to have a day of just hanging out for the little kiddies. So I planned this mall day for the girls and we met, ate lunch, and went shopping. But little did they know…I had prepared a scavenger hunt for them. All. Over. The. Mall. It was really fun and they seemed to enjoy it a ton! I had fun watching them figure out clues, plan their course around the mall (why are kids so smart these days?!) and walk right past places they need to go and then backtracking later and going “OH. It was right HERE.” Well yes, yes it was.
11. Bible study. I have started a bible study…sorta. It’s kind of a bible study, kind of a book study. I don’t know what to call it, but I love it! I’ve been prepping for it, writing out questions, watching videos again to get re-acquainted with it all. So excited for it!
12. The past three days I’ve been getting up wayyy too early for my liking to go be an assistant teacher type person to a group of 1st graders. It’s been fun and I’ve enjoyed it. I’ve done this the past few years, and will do it again next week for three days. But it’s exhausting.
13. Twelve sounded like an odd number to end on, but thirteen sounds unlucky, even though I don’t even believe in that stuff.